Welcome to the final week of term 5. I hope everyone is keeping well and has been enjoying wonder so far. Some more learning based around the book this week. Find all of the tasks below.
• Read pages 15-42.
• Reread p. 15-23 and complete Comprehension Activity Sheet.
• Play the Commonly Mispronounced Words Spellings Game – Supposably.
• Reread p. 24-26 ‘The Grand Tour’. • Read and complete the Comparing Characters - Julian’s a Jerk Activity Sheet.
• Reread p. 35-36 ‘First Day Jitters’. In this section of the book, August is nervous on his first day at school. Write about an event where you felt nervous – it could be your first day at school, in a new year group, going to a party, or some other daunting event. Explain your feelings and thoughts. • Challenge! Write about how you felt prior to the event and how you felt afterwards. Compare the two feelings and write what you can learn from that experience.
• Reread p. 39-40 ‘Locks’. Write a short (15 line) speech that Henry Joplin might make to introduce himself to his classmates. You will need to infer from the text what Henry is like, the kind of things he’s likely to like doing, who his friends are and how he might write, speak and react. • Challenge! Write a stream of consciousness ‘diary’ of Ms Petosa’s thoughts during the scene (that’s a piece of writing which captures every single one of her thoughts as she’s thinking them).
Fractions Multiplying fractions and mixed numbers
Dividing fractions Fraction equivalence
Quantities of fractions
Highest common factor Simplifying fractions
Ordering and comparing fractions
Fractions on a number line
Fraction worded problems