AN INTRODUCTION TO OUR SCHOOL
Our Lady of the RosarySchool was built in 1955 and provides a Catholic education for children from 4 to 11 years of age. It is situated in the north-west of the city of Bristol and primarily serves the local parish community and children from the neighbouring parish of St. Anthony's in Henbury and Sacred Heart in Westbury-on-Trym.
The school is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School, under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Clifton. We are immediately adjacent to the parish church of the same name. Fr Cosmas, our parish priest and Fr Colin from Sacred Heart are both frequent visitors. We enjoy spacious and attractive surroundings, having separate Infant and Junior playgrounds and tree-lined playing fields.
The school’s Planned Admission Level is 210, divided by age into 7 classes; 3 Infant and 4 Junior. We also have a library and an Information Communication Technology room. There is a large well-equipped hall, and also a separate dining room.
Children start full-time in the Reception class in the September before their fifth birthday, and the majority of children transfer at the age of 11 to St. Bede's Catholic College, which is only a few minutes away. Sixth-form Catholic education is provided at either St Bede's or St. Brendan's College in Brislington.
School uniform is worn, and the highest standards of behaviour and work are expected of our children. We believe that these can only be achieved if the relationships are right between the home and school, between staff and children and all those who have influence upon our children.
In Summer 2009 we had our third Ofsted Inspection and were judged to be an ‘Outstanding’ school for the second time.