This year we have 12 Chaplains from Year 5 and 6
We also are extremely lucky to have Mrs Sharrock, from the Sacred Heart Parish who oversees our Chaplains and supports the prayer club which runs every Wednesday.
In September we met to discuss our goals and aims for the year. We had lots of thoughts and ideas but decided to focus on these points:
- Developing our prayer club so that each week is child led and more inclusive for girls and boys.
- Taking responsibility to lead Assemblies and Liturgies and then empowering others to do the same.
- To develop our knowledge of Fairtrade, run a stall selling products and become a Fairtrade school.
- To develop our work with CAFOD and to help all pupils understand why we are fundraising and the impact it has on other people's lives.
- To strengthen our mission by working with other Chaplains from the local primary and secondary school.
We are using these ideas to develop our Chaplaincy Development Plan and will add it to the website as soon as it is finished.